Cranial Helmet Overview
McCleve Orthotics & Prosthetics in Mesa, Arizona is proud to offer the STAR Family of Cranial Remolding Helmets which have been used to treat positional Plagiocephaly, Brachycephaly, Scaphocephaly and other head shape deformities in infants 3-18 months of age since 2000. Over 100,000 infants have been successfully treated with the STARband®, the first cranial remolding orthosis with FDA clearance available to O&P practitioners across the United States and around the globe. And now, Orthomerica has received FDA clearance for the STAR Family of Cranial Remolding Orthoses for post-operative Craniosynostosis. Visit any one of our valley wide locations for fast and friendly service. Phoenix & Mesa cranial remolding helmets.
• McCleve O&P currently offers the widest selection of cranial remolding orthosis designs available, each designed to effectively manage a variety of head shape deformities, levels of severity, and clinical indications.
• Orthomerica’s cranial remolding orthoses can be fabricated from a positive modified cast, unmodified cast, or a scan of the infant’s head
using the STARscanner™.
• The STARband® and STARlight™ designs provide total contact over the prominent areas of the skull and leave voids over the flattened areas to provide a pathway for more symmetrical skull growth.
• The STARband and STARlight bi-valved designs are effective for treating Scaphocephaly and other head shape deformities.
• Treatment generally takes 3–4 months, but varies depending on the infant’s age and severity of cranial asymmetry.
• Clinical consultation is available through our staff of ABC certified orthotists.
• In conjunction with Dr. Jimenez and Dr. Barone for their Craniosynostosis Endoscopic Procedure, Orthomerica has co-developed a custom cranial remolding orthosis, STARlight PRO, to treat every type of suture involvement.
Positional plagiocephaly and torticollis are more commonly diagnosed in today’s infants that in previous years and should be evaluated and treated by medical professionals. While many factors contribute to the development of these conditions, a decrease in severity may occur with careful and continuous attention to repositioning of the infant during both sleeping and waking times. The purpose for the information below is to provide helpful hints in repositioning attempts to prevent positional plagiocephaly.
FIVE ESSENTIAL TUMMY-TIME MOVES
Tummy Time Essentials: Download PDF
(Courtesy of Pathways.org)
Tummy Time Tools: Download PDF
(Courtesy of Orthomerica)
Owner Dean McCleve is our chief clinician and CPO, handling all cranial remolding helmets out of our Mesa, Arizona office. Call for a FREE consultation with Dean to answer all your questions regarding cranial remolding, tummy time and insurance coverage. Call (480) 981-6767 today!